What & How
We value good understanding of the best code practices and at the same time friendly and open atmosphere at work. You’ll be working in a cross-functional team for a major global retailer, shaping solutions for a hybrid cloud infrastructure (Hadoop, Apache Spark, Azure), automated CI/CD pipelines and IaaC solutions. We value rapid delivery and use either a Scrum or a Kanban approach. We peer-review 100% of our code and yes, we test the code thoroughly. Last, but not least, we cooperate with each other and value teamwork. We believe that good work-life balance is important for your development and satisfaction and we do highly value your time, passion and dedication.
What we expect
We are looking for a team player who:
- has solid commercial experience in Python (knowledge of JVM languages is a plus),
- has a good knowledge of (py)Spark and Hadoop stack,
- has experience with Linux environments,
- maintains high code quality and is able to manage software complexity by good design choices and proper testing,
- understands the best practices principles and has knowledge of fundamental data structures and algorithms
- has fluency in English language, as seamless communication is one of the most important aspects of software projects,
- last, but not least, is a team player (happy to learn, help, share responsibilities and contribute to the team success)
You should come with an experience and ability to pick proper tools and be able to strike a balance between good engineering practice and over-engineering as well as new features versus code maintenance - something not obvious. We would also expect you to grasp the business domain of a given project, to guide your choices. If you’re willing to learn and share and can help and inspire others, you’ll fit the team.
We do not expect you to qualify for all of the above points. A good understanding of some of these areas and a willingness to develop expertise in others may be sufficient. We are not concerned with your education or any other formalism. What we are concerned with are your passion, knowledge and experience.