What & How
As sales manager (SM) you’ll be responsible for planning, managing and executing sales activities for the manufacturing services sector in the DACH region. You already know your way around the software and service market within the manufacturing sector? Jump on, and you’ll handle the entire sales process from lead qualification to contract closing independently. Your responsibilities don’t stop with the successful closure of opportunities. It also includes customer satisfaction and business expansion in the corresponding project cluster.
You’ll report directly to our Head of Service Sales (HSS) with regular feedback about important market observations and weekly forecasts. You’ll cooperate directly with VL business unit heads (Space Owners) for technical qualification of opportunities and prepare proposals as well as quotes that convince the client to work with us. Cooperate closely with our business development representative (BDR), who will support you at the early stages of the sales process and lead generation activities.
- Meet and overachieve the sales quota for new service business in the manufacturing industry for the DACH region
- Cooperate with the local BDR to ensure efficient lead generation
- Develop new clients by engaging client’s managers and executives through a consultative sales approach
- Lead clients with competence through the closing process
- Present VirtusLab and its capabilities professionally and with confidence
- Draft all required quotes, proposals, and dedicated slide decks to support the sales process
- Understand the client’s business needs and goals
- Consistently seek new ways to overcome challenges
- Actively support conferences that VirtusLab is a part of
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, and colleagues from engineering, marketing and sales
- Frequently provide feedback on market observations to VL management
- Provide input for production of effective sales materials that competitively positions VirtusLab relevant to the client’s expectations
- Produce an accurate weekly sales forecast
What we expect
As a successful candidate, you’ll have proven experience in IT service sales within the manufacturing sector, and a minimum experience of two years in a similar role.
We need you to
- Have strong communication skills.
- Bring your own ideas to the table
- Be ready to work in a fast moving environment in which structures are currently defined, implemented or refined.
- Be used to frequent reporting.
- Understand perfectly the IT market and manufacturing domain.
- Work independently as well as in a team.
- Have a proactive attitude and a sense of urgency
What’s in for you
VirtusLab is an equal opportunity employer operating in an attractive, international and innovative market. The projects in which we are engaged are technically challenging and highly rewarding. The reason for our success is the people. Without our excellent team, VirtusLab would not be the company we are today. Yes, we work hard. But we also have a lot of fun and satisfaction with what we do. We work and deliver results as a team, respect and support each other.
- A competitive salary with an attractive commission element, 55/45 split.
- An open market with rich opportunities for personal growth
- Colleagues and managers that truly support you. It is their obligation to provide a platform for your success.
- Top class IT support, including a high-end notebook computer.
- Fully remote work and really flexible working hours
- Internal training and a short way from idea to realization
"*" indicates required fields