What & How:
We are looking for someone that would help us develop the Jenkins Operator OSS project together with Azure Managed Service that we are building. We rely heavily on industry best practices and put a lot of emphasis on code quality, scalability, performance, availability, and robustness. We are not scared of cutting-edge technologies as long as we can prove they are production-ready.
Our standards include:
- code peer-review,
- continuous integration and deployment,
- security/vulnerability scanning,
- static code analysis (if applicable for a given technology),
- a lot of OSS work.
Things you would be involved with:
- developing OSS and commercial offering based on it (doing a lot of GoLang development and Azure integrations),
- work on MVPs and experiments to confirm our market assumptions,
- communicate with the OSS community (user, Jenkins/CloudBees/Red Hat contributors),
- contribute to the development of project roadmap.
What we expect:
The ideal candidate has:
- has some experience with Kubernetes,
- is experienced with programming in at least one programming language (ideally GoLang, but it is not a must),
- has knowledge in networking and Linux operating systems
- has some experience with containerization tools as well as infrastructure as code (e.g. CloudFormation, Azure Templates, Terraform)
- understands modern cloud-based / cloud-native systems
- last but not least - experience with Jenkins (usage or configuration) would be a huge plus.
We do not expect you to qualify for all of the above points. Good understanding of some of these areas and willingness to develop expertise in others may actually be sufficient. Programming experience is a must though (and not a few scripts here and there, we are talking about solid software engineering).
We are not concerned with your education or any other formalism. What we are concerned with are your passion, knowledge and experience (in this particular order).
We are looking for both regular and senior engineers for this position.