What & How
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for planning, managing and executing all-new service sales activities in the region. The main objective for this role is to meet and, if possible, overachieve the revenue quota for the region. He/she has a good knowledge about the software and service market in the region and will conduct the entire sales process from lead qualification to contract closing self-dependent with minimum supervision. The sales process can lead to direct business, but also to indirect business involving VL partners and other service companies.
The RSM’s responsibility doesn’t stop with the successful closing of an opportunity but includes responsibility for customer satisfaction and business expansion (project team size growth) in the corresponding project cluster. He/she will also provide regular feedback from important market observations. Reporting is another important task of this role with weekly forecasting as the most prominent activity. The role requires close cooperation with VL business unit heads (Space Owners) to technically qualify opportunities and to prepare solutions proposals and quotes that convince clients. The RSM reports to the Head of Service Sales (HSS). The role carries a sales quota for new service business in the region. All services engagements at a new client are considered to be new service business in the first 18 months of the engagement.
In this role, you will be granted the autonomy to develop a territory plan for the DACH region and to contribute with your own ideas to build a pipeline of new clients. To be successful in this role it is required to cooperate closely with the Business Development Representative (BDR) in charge of the region. The BDR will support the early stages of the sales process through lead generation activities.
- Meet and overachieve sales quota for new service business in the region,
- Cooperate with the local BDR to ensure efficient lead generation,
- Develop new clients by engaging client’s managers and executives through a consultative sales approach,
- Lead clients with competence through the closing process,
- Present VirtusLab and its capabilities professionally and with confidence,
- Draft all required quotes, proposals, and dedicated slide decks to support the sales process,
- Work with clients to better understand their business needs and goals,
- Consistently seek new ways to overcome challenges,
- Actively support conferences in which VirtusLab invested to be present,
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, engineering, marketing and sales team colleagues,
- Provide feedback on market observations to the VL management frequently,
- Provide input for production of effective sales materials that competitively positions VirtusLab relevant to the client’s expectations,
- Produce an accurate weekly sales forecast,
- Draft detailed and accurate sales reports,
- Manage relationships with the local representations of VirtusLab’s partners (Lightbend, Confluent, JetBrains, Dataiku).
What we expect
The successful candidate will have proven experience in IT Service sales with a minimum experience of three years in a similar role. While representing also:
- A person with strong communication skills,
- Readiness to work in a fast-moving environment in which structures are currently defined, implemented, or refined,
- Used to frequent reporting,
- Excellent IT market and IT domain understanding,
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team,
- Proactive attitude, sense of urgency,
- Native German and excellent English language skills, both written and oral.