What & How
We rely heavily on industry best practices and put a lot of emphasis on code quality, scalability, performance, availability, and robustness. This is essential as our platform needs to fulfil requirements of handling thousands of requests every second and the ability to dynamically scale and handle peak traffic transparently for end users. We are not scared of cutting-edge technologies as long as we can prove they are production-ready.
Our standards include:
- code peer-review,
- continuous integration and deployment,
- security/vulnerability scanning,
- static code analysis (if applicable for a given technology),
- contributing to open source projects.
If this sounds interesting to you, just get in touch and tell us about yourself.
What we expect
The ideal candidate has:
- has hands-on experience with Kubernetes (ideally with production exposure – including support and incident response for your products),
- has a deep affection for scalability & resilience challenges in distributed, highly-concurrent systems,
- is experienced with programming in at least one programming language,
- has grounded knowledge in networking and Linux operating systems
- has solid experience with containerization tools as well as infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, Azure Templates, Terraform)
- has a good understanding of modern cloud-based / cloud-native systems
- past experience in the SRE role would be a huge plus.
We do not expect you to qualify for all of the above points. A good understanding of some of these areas and a willingness to develop expertise in others may actually be sufficient. We would also consider experienced candidates from positions like System Administrator or Software Engineer who is willing to re-qualify to DevOps/Platform Engineering role.
We are not concerned with your education or any other formalism. What we are concerned with are your passion, knowledge and experience.